South Community Area Plan: Survey #3
South Community Area Plan: Survey #3
The City of San Antonio Planning Department is gathering input to improve the draft recommendations that have been developed related to Land Use, Housing, and Economic Development for the South Community Area Plan. We are also gathering community input related to Focus Areas, Amenities and Public Spaces, and Mobility to determine what should be evaluated and refined as we continue with the planning process.
For any questions, please email Debora Gonzalez at: [email protected]
Para ver y participar en la versión en español de esta encuesta, visite: saspeakup.com/south-survey3-span
Currently in Stage 1: Community Engagement
Thank you for taking the time to make sure your voice is heard for your city!
The South Community Area Plan ("Plan") will help guide development and investments in the area over the next 10 to 15 years. Specifically, the Plan will address the following topics:
- Land Use
- Economic Development
- Amenities and Public Spaces
In Community Survey #3, the City of San Antonio Planning Department is requesting input on draft Land Use, Housing, and Economic Development recommendations, in addition to requesting input that will be used to develop similar draft recommendations for Mobility, and Amenities & Public Spaces needs specifically for the plan area. All recommendations are meant to build on the Plan’s draft Vision and Goals, which were developed using community input from past surveys and community meetings.
"The South Community Area helps multi-generational households, residents, and businesses thrive by respecting, celebrating, and connecting the area’s rich history and authenticity, community destinations and gathering places, and family friendly recreational amenities with clean and green infrastructure."
- Improve comfort and safety through urban greening and integration of sustainable infrastructure.
- Promote quality development that is compatible with existing neighborhoods and includes additional housing and employment options for existing and new residents.
- Attract and grow clean industries with well-paying, quality jobs for local residents.
- Leverage heritage tourism and ecotourism to grow existing and new small business.
- Support and cultivate retention and growth of artists, makers and the creative class.
- Increase access to healthy food, health care and recreational amenities for all residents.
- Utilize existing mobility routes to create multi-modal connectivity and transportation options from the South Community Area to major hubs in the City.
The boundaries of the Plan area are shown on the Study Area map. Please reference this map when answering questions.
Draft Recommendations: Land Use, Housing, and Economic Development
The draft recommendations for Land Use, Housing, and Economic Development for the South Community Area Plan were created based on public input during public meetings and surveys. Please review the draft recommendations for Land Use, Housing, and Economic Development, and use the slider to indicate the extent to which you agree or disagree with each. If you have ideas for improvements or general comments relating to the draft recommendations, use the space provided for comments.
Use the slider to rate how much you agree or disagree with each recommendation.
Mobility, Focus Areas, and Amenities & Public Spaces
This section of the survey will help us gather input from the community to help staff develop draft recommendations for the Mobility and Amenities & Public Space sections of the Plan.
The next set of optional questions will help us improve our outreach efforts across the City. The information you share helps us better understand how your lived experiences contribute to your experience and perceptions in this survey. Your responses will remain anonymous.